oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Verma, Rishi (388J)" <Rishi.Ve...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Sharing workflow task metadata when using a resource manager
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 00:45:24 GMT
Hey Sheryl,

Thanks for the response!

Yeah, the workflow-manager log actually already spits out a lot of workflow task instance
info whenever it submits a task to a resource manager node.
It shows (for each task invoked):
* 'task.intance.class' name
* 'task.config' parameters
* 'task.metadata' contents

I did some tests, and concluded (from viewing task.metadata) that all task metadata fed into
the first task of my workflow (ie. when passing in met via: wmgr-client ... --key name value...)
showed up in the 'task.metadata' for all tasks in my workflow. However, if my first task added
new generated metadata, it would not show up in the 'task.metadata' of subsequent tasks being
called. The latter issue only occurs when using a resource manager for task execution.

Thanks for the tip though, I will keep this in mind while trying out some new strategies.

rishi