oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Verma, Rishi (388J)" <Rishi.Ve...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Sharing workflow task metadata when using a resource manager
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:49:37 GMT
Thanks for the heads up Brian,

Actually, I am trying to pass workflow met from a WorkflowTaskInstance to a PGETaskInstance,
but I will keep this in mind for future cases!

thanks,
rishi

On Oct 24, 2011, at 6:17 PM, Brian Foster wrote:

> if you are using CAS-PGE then in your pgeconfig.xml file you can specify on a any custom
metadata element the attribute workflowMet='true' and it will pass through to all the following
tasks in the workflow... for example: <metadata key='filename' val='data.dat' workflowMet='true'/>

> -Brian
>
> On Oct 24, 2011, at 5:45 PM, "Verma, Rishi (388J)" <Rishi.Verma@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>
>> Hey Sheryl,
>>
>> Thanks for the response!
>>
>> Yeah, the workflow-manager log actually already spits out a lot of workflow task
instance info whenever it submits a task to a resource manager node.
>> It shows (for each task invoked):
>> * 'task.intance.class' name
>> * 'task.config' parameters
>> * 'task.metadata' contents
>>
>> I did some tests, and concluded (from viewing task.metadata) that all task metadata
fed into the first task of my workflow (ie. when passing in met via: wmgr-client ... --key
name value...) showed up in the 'task.metadata' for all tasks in my workflow. However, if
my first task added new generated metadata, it would not show up in the 'task.metadata' of
subsequent tasks being called. The latter issue only occurs when using a resource manager
for task execution.