oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Verma, Rishi (317I)" <Rishi.Ve...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: CAS PGE Question
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 00:09:36 GMT
Hi Mike,

A good way to specify which types of files you would like to ingest is by using the "regExp"
attribute within the 'files' element of your PGEConfig.xml.

You can specify files with a certain extension, or files that match a certain regular expression
within their file name.

Here's an example:
<files regExp=".*\.txt" metFileWriterClass="org.apache.oodt.pge.examples.fileconcatenator.writers.ConcactenatingFilenameExtractorWriter"
 args="[PGE_ROOT]/file_concatenator/extractors/concatenatingfilename.extractor.config.xml"/>
You might want to look at a tutorial I wrote on how to create a simple PGE [1] located within
JIRA issue [2]. This tutorial includes a full sample PGEConfig.xml file with the example above
in context. I'm in the process of converting this to xdoc for the OODT site, but feel free
to try it out!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12489556/CAS-PGE_learn_by_example.docx
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-217

Thanks,