oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <motley.crue....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A Question About OODT Documentation
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:51:35 GMT
Regarding the old docs:  I kinda think it would be good to link to pretty
much all of those same papers (assuming they're
still available and that it's legal, blah, blah) that were up on the JPL
site.  Even if some of them are dated now, they provide historical
context and something of an overview.

Otherwise, the one thing that I think would be OODT n00bs (like myself)
would be a nice, up to date, overview that lays out "What are
all these pieces, how do they fit together, and how does the whole system
work?"   Just jumping into what's at http://oodt.apache.org, it's
not necessarily real apparent which piece (or pieces) are needed, which one
to focus on first, etc.  Maybe something of a "New User Overview"?

I'd be happy to help with such a thing, but I currently lack the knowledge
to contribute one myself.  I'm still just going through the existing
docs and muddling through, trying to get my head around it all.  :-)

Phil