oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Foster <holeno...@me.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] OODT 0.3 Release Candidate
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 22:03:39 GMT
hey Andrew,

There might be an environment variable u have to set for maven to find your gpg install

-Brian

I've run into a problem with step 16 (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/Release+Process)
which is the release:prepare step for staging a repository at repository.apache.org.

> I've been able to set up my keys, my environment, and process through all of the steps
just fine up to that point. What happens here is, about halfway through, it gets to the point
where (i think) it is trying to ask for my gpg key passphrase. The problem is, no matter what
I've tried (details below), I can't get it to actually present me with a prompt so that I
can enter my passphrase. The end of the output log looks like:

> [INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] [INFO] Building OODT Core
> [INFO] [INFO]    task-segment: [clean, verify]
> [INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] [INFO] [clean:clean {execution: default-clean}]
> [INFO] [INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class => 'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
> [INFO] [INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
> [INFO] [INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
> [INFO] [INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
> [INFO] [INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: default}]
> [INFO] [INFO] [site:attach-descriptor {execution: default-attach-descriptor}]
> [INFO] [INFO] Parent project loaded from repository.
> [INFO] [INFO] Preparing source:jar
> [INFO] [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
> [INFO] [INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
> [INFO] [INFO] [source:jar {execution: attach-sources}]
> [INFO] [INFO] Preparing javadoc:javadoc
> [INFO] [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
> [INFO] [WARNING] Removing: javadoc from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
> [INFO] [INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
> [INFO] [WARNING] DEPRECATED [aggregate]: since 2.5. Use the goals <code>javadoc:aggregate</code>
and <code>javadoc:test-aggregate</code> instead.
> [INFO] [INFO] [javadoc:javadoc {execution: attach-javadocs}]
> [INFO] [WARNING] DEPRECATED [aggregate]: since 2.5. Use the goals <code>javadoc:aggregate</code>
and <code>javadoc:test-aggregate</code> instead.
> [INFO] [INFO] [javadoc:jar {execution: attach-javadocs}]
> [INFO] [INFO] Not executing Javadoc as the project is not a Java classpath-capable package
> [INFO] [INFO] [gpg:sign {execution: default}]
>
> ... and then it hangs.
>
> I've tried running through the steps on the following environments:
>
> 1) on people.apache.org (Maven 2.2.1, GPG 2.0.17) via ssh & via ssh -Y from both
the Mac (terminal and X11) and Linux (native) terminals
> 2) locally on an Ubuntu 10.04 laptop (Maven 2.2.1, GPG 1.4.10) through its native terminal
> 3) locally on a Mac OSX 10.6.3 laptop (Maven 2.2.0) in both the terminal and X11
>
> After speaking to Chris about this, I found out he had had success using version 2.x
of GPG via X11, so I have built that (and all the dependencies) on my Mac, and re-run the
process in both the terminal and X11, to no avail.

> I currently have the following for Maven:
>
> tension:apache-oodt-0.3-src ahart$ mvn --version
> Apache Maven 2.2.0 (r788681; 2009-06-26 06:04:01-0700)
> Java version: 1.6.0_17
> Java home: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: MacRoman
> OS name: "mac os x" version: "10.6.3" arch: "x86_64" Family: "mac"
>
> and the following for GPG2:
>
> tension:apache-oodt-0.3-src ahart$ gpg2 --version
> gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.17
> libgcrypt 1.4.2
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
>
> Home: ~/.gnupg
> Supported algorithms:
> Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA
> Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH, CAMELLIA128,
>        CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
> Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2
>
> I can confirm that I have gpg-agent (the program that apparently is supposed to handle
this action) installed:

> tension:apache-oodt-0.3-src ahart$ gpg-agent --version
> gpg-agent (GnuPG) 2.0.17
> libgcrypt 1.4.2
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
>
> There are a number of threads / mail messages out there:
>
> http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/maven-gpg-plugin-blocked-during-the-execution-td2835265.html
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MGPG-9
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-424
>
> in which people discuss a similar problem and various solutions. I confess, however,
that my Maven skills are not yet to the point where I fully understand how to implement some
of the proposed solutions. As you were the RM for 0.2, I would really appreciate any help
or insight you might be able to offer here!