oodt-dev mailing list archives

From holenoter <holeno...@mac.com>
Subject Re: cas-crawler does not pass preconditions
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 21:20:00 GMT
hey thomas,

you are using StdProductCrawler which assumes a *.met file already exist for each file (it
has only one precondition which is the existing of the *.met file) . . . if you want a *.met
file generated you will have to use one of the other 2 crawlers.  running: ./crawler_launcher
-psc will give you a list of supported crawlers.  you can then run: ./crawler_launcher -h
-cid <crawler_id> where crawler id is one of the ids from the previous command . . .
unfortunately i don't think the other crawlers are documented all that extensively . . . MetExtractorProductCrawler
will use a single extractor for all files . . . AutoDetectProductCrawler requires a mapping
file to be filled out an mime-types defined

* MetExtractorProductCrawler example configuration can be found in the source:
 - allows you to specify how the crawler will run your extractor
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/metadata/src/main/resources/examples/extern-config.xml

* AutoDetectProductCrawler example configuration can be found in the source:
 - uses the same metadata extractor specification file (you will have one of these for each
mime-type)
 - allows you to define your mime-types -- that is, give a mime-type for a given filename
regular expression
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/crawler/src/main/resources/examples/mimetypes.xml

   - your file might look something like:
	<mime-info>