oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Starch, Michael D (388L)" <Michael.D.Sta...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject ColumnBasedDatabase
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:36:17 GMT
Brian Foster, Developers,

This question is regarding the work I am doing to develop the column based database.

As I understood it we created views joining the three tables (Metadata, Reference, XREF) so
that accesses to this data was at one central point,  and the db handled the join.

As of now the code only uses the view to get a list of distinct productid (which could be
done easily with out the view) and where I believed the views would help, the tables are accessed
individually in sequence.

Is this a result of unfinished migration to using views? or is there some issue with using
the views that I am missing.

Was the code designed to handle multiple references per product?  As I understand it it is
not...but I could be mistaken on this point.  If it does not handle them, it should, correct
(for hierarchical types)?

-Michael Starch