oodt-dev mailing list archives

From niloofar montazeri <montazeri.niloo...@gmail.com>
Subject OODT Architecture
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 21:17:52 GMT
Hello all,

I would like to learn about component and connector dependencies among ODT
components. And have a number of questions:

1) Where can I find DIAGRAMs about the whole OODT architecture (coarse
grained diagram that shows all the OODT components and their relations, not
the internal structure of components such as fileManager)?

2) Where can I find diagrams/documentations about components like
ProfileClient/Server and ProductClient/Server components? There is no
user/developer guide for ProfileClient/Server in Apache's website.

3) I searched the code and found no component named Profile/ProductCLIENT.
But in the 2206 paper, there is a lot of reference to such components. For
instance it has been said that a product client communicates with a product
server over the messaging layer connectors. I searched for the methods that
Product Servers (and its super class, the Server) provide and also searched
for all usages of those methods, but found no calling class that looked like
a connector or a productClient. I appreciate your clarification.

Thanks
Niloofar