oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Amundsen <tomamund...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting Started with OODT
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 09:32:57 GMT
Hi,

Apologies for not knowing how to actually reply to the original thread
without having been subscribed to the list when it was sent. Also, apologies
for asking a question that is completely concerned with 578 and not OODT.

My question is a follow-up to Niloofar's question about the CDA. I also seem
to be seeing only 1 kind of arrow. For example, I have attached an image of
what I see when I click "Show dependency graph for selected element" on the
"Web Grid." Any of the other operations gives me diagrams that have no
dependencies depicted, just a bunch of classes.

Given what I've described and the attached image, does it look like I'm
doing it wrong?

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov>
To: "user@oodt.apache.org" <user@oodt.apache.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 21:01:29 -0800
Subject: Re: Getting Started with OODT
Hi Niloofar,

(note to all: I'm having my CSCI 578 students at USC this semester look at
OODT in a number of their assignments, see [1])

As far as discussing the below, please provide some context for your
questions/discussion on this mailing lists. Remember, not everyone here is a
student in CSCI 578, and currently working on assignment #2 :)

Answers below:

> 1) I wanted to ask you whether you are able to identify different
relationships (inheritance, method call, ...) with CDA? Do I need to install
any plug-ins? Currently it only shows one kind of arrow to depict
dependencies.

CDA is a class dependency analysis tool that the class is using to do static
analysis on OODT. The tool should provide you with visualization of the
relationships you cite above w/o any additional plugins. If it's only
showing 1 arrow, I think there is an issue.

> 2) I gave the CDA the root directory of the downloaded OODT code and it
lists a huge number of packages and it becomes very difficult to search for
the class and package names. Do you have the same problem?

This is a side effect of the size of the OODT code base. Hard to get around
it :(

> 3) It seems that now that I have loaded all packages into CDA, it doesn't
show the some dependency graphs anymore. Should I restrict the packages that
I import?

I think you may want to restrict your focus to your components that you are
working on as part of your assignment.

Cheers,
Chris

[1] http://sunset.usc.edu/classes/cs578_2011b/