oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Bauch <andy.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject unable to build OODT
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 09:07:36 GMT
Hello all,

I'm attempting to build OODT in Windows 7 and am getting errors when issuing
the mvn install command from the top-level source directory.  The errors
seem to indicate a problem retrieving the opendapps pom.xml.

The steps I took:

   1. Installed Maven, setup my PATH and JAVA_HOME variables, verified the
   installation with mvn -v
   2. Downloaded the latest OODT version (0.2) from this site:
   http://oodt.apache.org/downloads/
   3. Unzipped the source and changed directory to its root directory (the
   one with the pom.xml file and README files, along with a few dozen
   subdirectories)
   4. mvn install

The output from my mvn install command states that there is a non-resolvable
parent POM.  Do I need to change some settings in my pom.xml before
building?

The full output from my command follows:

C:\Users\Andy\Documents\My
Dropbox\edu\CSCI578\HW\HW2\apache-oodt-0.2-src>mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.oodt:opendapps:0.2
(C:\Users\Andy\Documents\My
Dropbox\edu\CSCI578\HW\HW2\apache-oodt-0.2-src\opendapps\pom.xml) has 1
error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Failure to find
org.apache.oodt:oodt-core:pom:0.2 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was
cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the
update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced and
'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 19, column 11 ->
[Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please
read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2]