oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Foster <holeno...@mac.com>
Subject Re: TestCatalog sql issues?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:47:55 GMT

Paul . . . i applied a patch to cas-catalog unit test so that it only creates one directory
in the test directory now (and cleans it up) . . . recheck it out and see if it works for
you now

-brian

On Feb 22, 2011, at 11:39 PM, Paul Zimdars wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I ran into some build issues with version 0.2 tonight and I thought I would share my
experiences. Here is my error output:

> Test set: org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.system.impl.TestCatalogServiceLocal
> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.379 sec <<<
FAILURE!
> testDataSourceCatalogIngestQueryAndDelete(org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.system.impl.TestCatalogServiceLocal)
 Time elapsed: 0.04 sec <<< ERROR!
> org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.exception.CatalogServiceException: Failed to get metadata
for transaction ids for catalog 'TestCatalog2' : Failed to get term buckets for transaction
id '2acba93b-878a-45c4-97cd-05496d5419c5' : Table not found in statement [SEL
> CT bucket_name,term_name,term_value FROM transaction_terms]
>    at org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.system.impl.CatalogServiceLocal.getMetadata(CatalogServiceLocal.java:882)
>    at org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.system.impl.TestCatalogServiceLocal.testDataSourceCatalogIngestQueryAndDelete(TestCatalogServiceLocal.java:97)
> Caused by: org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.exception.CatalogException: Failed to get term
buckets for transaction id '2acba93b-878a-45c4-97cd-05496d5419c5' : Table not found in statement
[SELECT bucket_name,term_name,term_value FROM transaction_terms]
>    at org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.system.Catalog.getMetadata(Catalog.java:293)
>    at org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.system.impl.CatalogServiceLocal.getMetadata(CatalogServiceLocal.java:878)
>    ... 27 more
> Caused by: org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.exception.QueryServiceException: Failed to get
term buckets for transaction id '2acba93b-878a-45c4-97cd-05496d5419c5' : Table not found in
statement [SELECT bucket_name,term_name,term_value FROM transaction_terms]
>    at org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.struct.impl.index.DataSourceIndex.getBuckets(DataSourceIndex.java:355)
>    at org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.system.Catalog.getMetadata(Catalog.java:287)
>    ... 28 more
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Table not found in statement [SELECT bucket_name,term_name,term_value
FROM transaction_terms]
>    at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
>    at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
>    at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
>    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingStatement.java:205)
>    at org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.struct.impl.index.DataSourceIndex.getBuckets(DataSourceIndex.java:341)
>    ... 29 more
>
> I found an old post that recommended setting -Djava.io.tmpdir and/or making /tmp writeable
by user but unfortunately that did not resolve the problem. It appears that even though -Djava.io.tmpdir
is set there are still parts of maven that use /tmp to store files specifically during the
TestCatalogService portion of the build process.  The following files/directories are created
in /tmp during the TestCatalog process:

> /tmp/1
> /tmp/2
> /tmp/testMapperCat.log
> /tmp/testMapperCat.properties
> /tmp/testMapperCat.script
>
> These files are not cleared out after the build process is complete. If by chance another
user on the system had recently built oodt on the same system (and tmpwatch didn't clean out
the stale /tmp files) then the next user who attempts to build will run into the unit failures
I mentioned above (with no clear idea that conflicting files in /tmp were causing the problem).
I also ran into the error above if I forget to clean out my own leftover /tmp files (while
doing a mvn clean install).