oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Zimdars <pzimd...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject TestCatalog sql issues?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:39:44 GMT
Hi All,

I ran into some build issues with version 0.2 tonight and I thought I
would share my experiences. Here is my error output:

Test set: org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.system.impl.TestCatalogServiceLocal
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.379
sec <<< FAILURE!
testDataSourceCatalogIngestQueryAndDelete(org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.system.impl.TestCatalogServiceLocal)

Time elapsed: 0.04 sec <<< ERROR!
org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.exception.CatalogServiceException: Failed to
get metadata for transaction ids for catalog 'TestCatalog2' : Failed to
get term buckets for transaction id
'2acba93b-878a-45c4-97cd-05496d5419c5' : Table not found in statement [SEL
CT bucket_name,term_name,term_value FROM transaction_terms]
     at
org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.system.impl.CatalogServiceLocal.getMetadata(CatalogServiceLocal.java:882)
     at
org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.system.impl.TestCatalogServiceLocal.testDataSourceCatalogIngestQueryAndDelete(TestCatalogServiceLocal.java:97)
Caused by: org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.exception.CatalogException:
Failed to get term buckets for transaction id
'2acba93b-878a-45c4-97cd-05496d5419c5' : Table not found in statement
[SELECT bucket_name,term_name,term_value FROM transaction_terms]
     at
org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.system.Catalog.getMetadata(Catalog.java:293)
     at
org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.system.impl.CatalogServiceLocal.getMetadata(CatalogServiceLocal.java:878)
     ... 27 more
Caused by: org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.exception.QueryServiceException:
Failed to get term buckets for transaction id
'2acba93b-878a-45c4-97cd-05496d5419c5' : Table not found in statement
[SELECT bucket_name,term_name,term_value FROM transaction_terms]
     at
org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.struct.impl.index.DataSourceIndex.getBuckets(DataSourceIndex.java:355)
     at
org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.system.Catalog.getMetadata(Catalog.java:287)
     ... 28 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Table not found in statement [SELECT
bucket_name,term_name,term_value FROM transaction_terms]
     at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
     at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
     at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
     at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingStatement.java:205)
     at
org.apache.oodt.cas.catalog.struct.impl.index.DataSourceIndex.getBuckets(DataSourceIndex.java:341)
     ... 29 more

I found an old post that recommended setting -Djava.io.tmpdir and/or
making /tmp writeable by user but unfortunately that did not resolve the
problem. It appears that even though -Djava.io.tmpdir is set there are
still parts of maven that use /tmp to store files specifically during
the TestCatalogService portion of the build process.  The following
files/directories are created in /tmp during the TestCatalog process:

/tmp/1
/tmp/2
/tmp/testMapperCat.log
/tmp/testMapperCat.properties
/tmp/testMapperCat.script

These files are not cleared out after the build process is complete. If
by chance another user on the system had recently built oodt on the same
system (and tmpwatch didn't clean out the stale /tmp files) then the
next user who attempts to build will run into the unit failures I
mentioned above (with no clear idea that conflicting files in /tmp were
causing the problem). I also ran into the error above if I forget to
clean out my own leftover /tmp files (while doing a mvn clean install).

Paul