oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Cheeseshop hosting is GO
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:42:20 GMT
On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 6:12 AM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
<chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> 1. the source release for OODT 0.1-incubating (which contains the Python setup.py package/etc.
that *generate* the tarballs when bdist_egg and sdist are call) is on Apache servers -- that
good enough?

At a bare minimum, it is.  However, I think it'd be good to also host
the resulting tarballs on our site.  This way that any variances in
the generation process are minimized and we know exactly what we are
voting.  Or, that if cheeseshop/pypi ever disappears, we have the
releases ourselves and don't have to recreate them.

> 2. if #1 is *not* what you were intending, where should we put em'? In the regular dist
area? If so, then I'd say hold off on putting 0.1-incubating to PyPI and just let Paul do
it as part of the 0.2 release process, because that would imply we'd have to VOTE again, have
someone sign them, etc. (which thinking about it now wouldn't be horrible, right? I mean,
we simply just VOTE to release the 0.1-incubating Python tarballs, signed by Sean Kelly, and
a positive VOTE indicates, OK Sean, copy them to the regular Apache dist area too).

Yes, I'd just create a sub-dir in our regular dist area for agility.
The bundles can be included as part of the standard release process -
so the RM as part of their producing the release also produces the
Python.  No extra votes required going forward.  -- justin