oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Verma, Rishi (317I)" <Rishi.Ve...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Filemanager how to only metadata
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2010 21:54:30 GMT
Hi -

Thanks for the helpful tips.

I was looking at InPlaceDataTransferer, and it does not seem to have a command line interface
(there's no main). Specifically, I looked at the class
"org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.datatransfer.InPlaceDataTransferer"

Is there a command-line wrapper already built I can use?

Thanks again!
Rishi

On Dec 23, 2010, at 3:44 PM, holenoter wrote:

> sounds like a case for the profile/product server . . . but if you really want to use
the filemgr, you can just use the InPlaceDataTransferer . . . if you mean by "i don't have
the product on hand" meaning it is stored somewhere else, then just put that url where it
is stored as the --ref arg . . . otherwise, if the product isn't anywhere, just put a random
url as the arg to --ref (e.g. file:///some/file/i/dont/have) . . . it will at least let you
get the metadata in

> -brian
>
> On Dec 23, 2010, at 2:28 PM, Verma, Rishi (317I) wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm experimenting with OODT filemanager, and wanted to ingest a product file's met
into the filemgr catalog.

>> I don't have the product file on hand, but I do have the metadata.
>>
>> The filemgr user's guide (ie. http://oodt.apache.org/components/maven/filemgr/user/basic.html)
documents how to ingest a product file assuming you actually have the product on hand. However,
if I only want to ingest the metadata, how would I go about doing this?

>> The 'filemgr-client' script seems to not allow ignoring the product reference. In
other words, I cannot simply eliminate the "--refs" flag.