oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Verma, Rishi (317I)" <Rishi.Ve...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Webgrid OFSNGetHandler customization
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 18:38:24 GMT
Hello everyone -

I've created a webgrid query handler (implements OFSNGetHandler) which returns some processed
data when invoked from an HTTP request. The data returned takes the form of a file, with name
and extension identical to the original (unprocessed) input file my query handler receives
as input.

I wanted to ask two questions regarding an OFSNGetHandler:
[1] Is it possible to customize the name and type extension of byte[] file data returned by
an OFSNGetHandler? If so, where could this be done in the scope of OFSNGetHandler methods
or related config files?
[2] Is it possible to ensure the OFSNGetHandler "retrieveChunk"method is only invoked once
(ie. the offset is set at zero and the length is the total byte size of the file)? The processing
my query handler performs is time intensive and dependent on reading the entire file at once
- not in chunks. Therefore, I want to ensure the processing happens only once.

Would appreciate any advice, thanks!
Rishi