oodt-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Kale <davek...@cs.stanford.edu>
Subject Possible problem with "grid" module
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 20:07:36 GMT
Hey fellow OODT developers,

At CHLA we're trying to deploy the grid module (in conjunction with XMLPS)
to serve data from a SQL Server.  We had it working with the "old" grid
module (from the jpl.eda namespace), but once we substituted the new grid
module, we started getting the following:

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:sqlserver://[REMOVED]

To head off the inevitable questions:

   - The jar file with the driver is in the right place, and the config
   points to it.
   - The config file is, in fact, virtually identical to the config I used
   for the "old" grid (only difference is a different query handler, which
   isn't relevant)
   - Yes, I am using JDK 1.6 (not 1.5), but JDK 1.6 works fine for old grid,
   so I can't imagine why that would be the issue here

It seems inexplicable, but something about substituting the new grid module
for the old one is messing up whether the jdbc driver gets loaded...?

Chris has some ideas about what might be going on, and I'm going to keep
debugging, but we wanted to put the conversation out in the public, rather
than in a Skype window.

gratefully,
Dave

If you want the full stack trace (from catalina.out), here it is:

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:sqlserver://[REMOVED]
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:602)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:185)
    at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverManagerConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverManagerConnectionFactory.java:48)
    at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:290)
    at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:771)
    at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:95)
    at
org.apache.oodt.xmlps.product.DBMSExecutor.executeLocalQuery(DBMSExecutor.java:73)
    at
org.apache.oodt.xmlps.product.XMLPSProductHandler.queryAndPackageResults(XMLPSProductHandler.java:234)
    at
org.apache.oodt.xmlps.product.XMLPSProductHandler.query(XMLPSProductHandler.java:131)
    at
edu.usc.chla.vpicu.bigdata.extraction.handlers.PICUDBQueryHandler.query(PICUDBQueryHandler.java:32)
    at
org.apache.oodt.grid.ProductQueryServlet.handleQuery(ProductQueryServlet.java:59)
    at org.apache.oodt.grid.QueryServlet.doPost(QueryServlet.java:100)
    at org.apache.oodt.grid.QueryServlet.doGet(QueryServlet.java:75)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:627)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
    at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:873)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message