oodt-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramirez, Paul M (388J)" <paul.m.rami...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache OODT 0.1-incubating release (rc2)
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2010 17:50:05 GMT
Hey All,

Seems like we just have a touchy maven repository in http://projects.iplantcollaborative.org/archiva/repository/
as it finally worked for me for jgoblus and then held up on tika. Ran mvn install again and
tika came down. I'm going to go with a
temporary glitch in that maven repo. All that said here's my:

+1 for release

As everything is working for me now.

Thanks,
Paul Ramirez

On Oct 23, 2010, at 10:20 AM, Ramirez, Paul M (388J) wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Sorry I accidentally clicked send before finishing off my message. Essentially, I am
running into the same thing Justin was running into. I did notice that maven seems to start
downloading that dependency and then bails about half way through. I went to the site where
it was attempting to get the dependency from and tried to download the jar and the download
just hung (http://projects.iplantcollaborative.org/archiva/repository/internal/org/globus/cog-jglobus/1.8.0/cog-jglobus-1.8.0.jar).
I'm going to look to see if there is anywhere else we can pull this dependency from.

> Thanks,
> Paul
>
> On Oct 23, 2010, at 10:11 AM, Ramirez, Paul M (388J) wrote:
>
>> Hey All,
>>
>> Not sure whats going on here but I am getting the same message Justin was getting
and its not

>> However, I did run into the same thing Justin ran into:
>>
>> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>>
>> Missing:
>> ----------
>> 1) org.globus:cog-jglobus:jar:1.8.0
>>
>> Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>>
>> Then, install it using the command:
>>     mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.globus -DartifactId=cog-jglobus -Dversion=1.8.0
-Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

>> Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
>>     mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.globus -DartifactId=cog-jglobus -Dversion=1.8.0
-Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

>> Path to dependency:
>> 	1) org.apache.oodt:pushpull:jar:0.1-incubating
>> 	2) org.globus:cog-jglobus:jar:1.8.0
>>
>> ----------
>> 1 required artifact is missing.
>>
>> for artifact:
>> org.apache.oodt:pushpull:jar:0.1-incubating
>>
>> from the specified remote repositories:
>> javax-transaction (http://download.java.net/maven/2),
>> apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/),
>> globus-repo (http://projects.iplantcollaborative.org/archiva/repository/internal),
>> central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>>

>> Then doing another mvn install I stopped to look at where its trying to get this
jar from and see:

>> [INFO] Building CAS Push-Pull-Framework
>> [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
>> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> [INFO] [resources:resources {execution: default-resources}]
>> [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
>> [INFO] Copying 27 resources
>> Downloading: http://download.java.net/maven/2/org/globus/cog-jglobus/1.8.0/cog-jglobus-1.8.0.jar
>> [INFO] Unable to find resource 'org.globus:cog-jglobus:jar:1.8.0' in repository javax-transaction
(http://download.java.net/maven/2)
>> Downloading: http://projects.iplantcollaborative.org/archiva/repository/internal/org/globus/cog-jglobus/1.8.0/cog-jglobus-1.8.0.jar
>> [WARNING] Unable to get resource 'org.globus:cog-jglobus:jar:1.8.0' from repository
globus-repo (http://projects.iplantcollaborative.org/archiva/repository/internal): GET request
of: org/globus/cog-jglobus/1.8.0/cog-jglobus-1.8.0.jar from globus-repo failed
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)