oodt-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: JIRA and Wiki
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 05:01:01 GMT
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 8:35 PM, Chris Mattmann <mattmann@apache.org> wrote:
> Let¹s do an SVN dump!

I'll start a thread on general@ about how to proceed with a dump.

I've seen some mention of uploading a dump to JIRA, but that
seems...bizarre.  I think just uploading it to your account on
people.apache.org and posting the SHA checksum to the list should be
sufficient.

To set expectations, I'd expect it would take about 48 hours from when
we hand over the dump to being fully available.  In general, the dump
will be loaded into a test repository (to insure no problems in the
good, load it in to the main repository.  (If we coordinate with the
infra team, this can be reduced to a shorter window if necessary.)  Do
you have an idea how big the dump will be?

If it's rather big, then it may be best to wait until some pending HW
upgrades to the main SVN server are deployed.  Depending upon how we
do it, loading a dump may also knock out the EU mirror until it
receives the dump - so imports are often done when EU is asleep.  (On
the master, we're installing ZFS l2arch's on SSDs - see
http://blogs.sun.com/brendan/entry/test ; but we're waiting on a SAS
card that is supported by FreeBSD, so...soon...yah...soon.)

> I¹m happy to start the process. I¹ve filed OODT-1 and OODT-2 to track the
> progress on this...

Cool.  -- justin