oltu-user mailing list archives

From "Tiburtius, Ashwanth [IWD]" <Ashwanth.Tiburt...@iwd.iowa.gov>
Subject RE: Yahoo user authentication using Oltu
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 15:58:23 GMT
Thank you Jasha. Your posts have been very helpful. I will create a new Consumer Key and secret.

Thanks,
Jude.
Iowa Workforce Development – IT | 1000 E Grand Ave, Des Moines, IA  50319
(515) 281-3378 | Ashwanth.Tiburtius@iwd.iowa.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: Jasha Joachimsthal [mailto:jashaj@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2015 11:24 PM
To: user@oltu.apache.org
Cc: dev@oltu.apache.org
Subject: Re: Yahoo user authentication using Oltu

I'm sorry but I cannot help you with Yahoo's (undocumented) error codes. The redirectURI should
be a valid URI and now you only provide the hostname in the request.
One other thing: never publish your consumer secret to the public.
It's a password that should only be known by you and the OAuth provider.

On 12 January 2015 at 22:39, Tiburtius, Ashwanth [IWD] <Ashwanth.Tiburtius@iwd.iowa.gov>
wrote:
> Thank you again Jasha. It was very helpful. I am actually getting an error in the authorization
part itself. Following are the details.

> Application:
> Consumer Key:
> dj0yJmk9VERKTlY3bGFWbHVvJmQ9WVdrOU5XZGFNRzE2Tm04bWNHbzlNQS0tJnM9Y29uc3
> VtZXJzZWNyZXQmeD02ZA-- Consumer Secret:
> 443a42b6cb7e2a8472fa9f09ba6841599749c84b
> Application
> URL:http://devvm03.ia.wd.org/dashboard/faces/views/redirect.xhtml
> Callback Domain:devvm03.ia.wd.org
> Application ID: 5gZ0mz6o
>
> Request Url:
> https://api.login.yahoo.com/oauth2/request_auth?response_type=code&red
> irect_uri=devvm03.ia.wd.org&language=en-us&client_id=dj0yJmk9VERKTlY3b
> GFWbHVvJmQ9WVdrOU5XZGFNRzE2Tm04bWNHbzlNQS0tJnM9Y29uc3VtZXJzZWNyZXQmeD0
> 2ZA--
>
> Error: Oops. Yahoo is unable to process your request. We recommend
> that you contact the owner of the application or web site to resolve
> this issue. [95036]
>
> Java:
> request = OAuthClientRequest.authorizationLocation("https://api.login.yahoo.com/oauth2/request_auth")
>         .setClientId("dj0yJmk9VERKTlY3bGFWbHVvJmQ9WVdrOU5XZGFNRzE2Tm04bWNHbzlNQS0tJnM9Y29uc3VtZXJzZWNyZXQmeD02ZA--")
>         .setResponseType(OAuth.OAUTH_CODE).setRedirectURI("devvm03.ia.wd.org")
>         .setParameter("language", "en-us").buildQueryMessage();
>
> I see that I am missing something in the configuration and how the url is being built
but I am not sure what it is. YDN forums say that call back url and the redirect url should
match, so I have coded the way it is. I am getting the same error with a different error code
even if I send " http://devvm03.ia.wd.org/dashboard/faces/views/redirect.xhtml" as the redirect
uri. When I created the app in YDN, the only option available was to enter the Application
Url, I am not sure if it should be same as redirect url since I did not find a separate place
to enter it.

> I have posted a question in YDN forum but if you or any other user could help me, I would
appreciate it much. Thank you.

> P.S: "http://devvm03.ia.wd.org/dashboard/faces/views/redirect.xhtml" is the correct redirect
url.

> Thanks,
> Jude.
> Iowa Workforce Development – IT | 1000 E Grand Ave, Des Moines, IA
> 50319
> (515) 281-3378 | Ashwanth.Tiburtius@iwd.iowa.gov

header, while all other parameters must be in the request body. The AccessToken response contains
the user id.