oltu-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Rose (ARC-TI)[Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies Inc. (SGT Inc.)]" <mark.r...@nasa.gov>
Subject Re: OpenID Connect Support
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 22:13:49 GMT
On May 13, 2014, at 12:43 PM, Antonio Sanso wrote:

I would like to ask what is the status of OpenID Connect support in Oltu. Is it already possible
to build Oltu-based IDPs and RPs?

So for OIDC I am afraid the answer is no. It would be yes for plain OAuth 2.

I have been able to implement an OIDC connect RP with Google as the IDP by using OpenID Connect
scopes, extracting the ID token as an attribute from the response of the token endpoint, and
then using the JWT classes to parse the ID token. So I've been able to use Oltu to do the
authentication, but have not used the OpenID Connect Oltu classes.

If you're interested, I can send some code snippets. (I wrote some classes to hide whether
OAuth or OpenID connect is used and parameterize the scopes and some endpoints, so that we
can use IDPs that don't yet support OpenID Connect or discovery. I can't release all of that
code, but I can send enough to give you the info.)

Mark
--
Mark Rose
Mark.Rose@nasa.gov<mailto:Mark.Rose@nasa.gov>