oltu-user mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Alternative to OAuthProviderType
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 18:57:29 GMT
Hi Chris,

On 31 March 2014 16:47, Harris, Christopher P <chris_harris@baxter.com>wrote:

>  Hi.
>

> I'm trying to use Oltu with Box.  Box's RESTful API is relatively new and
> uses OAuth 2.0.  As expected, Box is not listed within the
> OAuthProviderType Enum.
>

> The demo on your Wiki is not clear as to how to create a request without
> requiring the OAuthProviderType Enum.
>

> How can I create a request without using that Enum?

You can use OAuthClientRequest.authorizationLocation(AUTHZ_ENDPOINT) and
OAuthClientRequest.tokenLocation(TOKEN_ENDPOINT) for OAuth providers that
are not a part of the enum. Unfortunately I cannot update the documentation
for you. Can someone add this to the documentation please :)

>  Can you add Box to the Enum?

Can you please create a patch file with the correct endpoints and attach it
to a new issue in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLTU ?

>  I know the Enum was added for convenience, but it's not a flexible
> solution.

The enum is only a convenience for (major) OAuth providers. If a provider
is not in the enum, you can use authorizationLocation and tokenLocation
with the correct endpoints as String values.

> Oh, and your Wiki lists v0.31 as the version to use for Maven.  I noticed
> that v1.0 was released to Maven Central.  You may want to update your Wiki.

Good point! Is there someone with more karma than me who can fix this?

> Thanks for providing this OAuth 2.0 solution!
>

> -        Chris
>
> The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entity
> to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally
> privileged material. Delivery of this message to any person other than the
> intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege or
> confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
> or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by entities
> other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in
> error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
>
> For Translation:
>
> http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer

Jasha