oltu-user mailing list archives

From "Harris, Christopher P" <chris_har...@baxter.com>
Subject RE: Alternative to OAuthProviderType
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 19:02:47 GMT
Ah ha!  I saw some examples here and there, involving those 2 methods along with another 2
method calls, and wasn't sure what the right combo would be.

Thanks so much!

-        Chris

From: jashaj@gmail.com [mailto:jashaj@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jasha Joachimsthal
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 1:57 PM
To: user@oltu.apache.org
Subject: Re: Alternative to OAuthProviderType

Hi Chris,

On 31 March 2014 16:47, Harris, Christopher P <chris_harris@baxter.com<mailto:chris_harris@baxter.com>>
wrote:
Hi.

I'm trying to use Oltu with Box.  Box's RESTful API is relatively new and uses OAuth 2.0.
 As expected, Box is not listed within the OAuthProviderType Enum.

The demo on your Wiki is not clear as to how to create a request without requiring the OAuthProviderType
Enum.

How can I create a request without using that Enum?

You can use OAuthClientRequest.authorizationLocation(AUTHZ_ENDPOINT) and OAuthClientRequest.tokenLocation(TOKEN_ENDPOINT)
for OAuth providers that are not a part of the enum. Unfortunately I cannot update the documentation
for you. Can someone add this to the documentation please :)

Can you add Box to the Enum?

Can you please create a patch file with the correct endpoints and attach it to a new issue
in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLTU ?

I know the Enum was added for convenience, but it's not a flexible solution.

The enum is only a convenience for (major) OAuth providers. If a provider is not in the enum,
you can use authorizationLocation and tokenLocation with the correct endpoints as String values.

Oh, and your Wiki lists v0.31 as the version to use for Maven.  I noticed that v1.0 was released
to Maven Central.  You may want to update your Wiki.

Good point! Is there someone with more karma than me who can fix this?

Thanks for providing this OAuth 2.0 solution!

-        Chris

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Delivery of this message
to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege
or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of
any action in reliance upon, this information by entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer

Jasha