oltu-user mailing list archives

From Laszlo Hordos <laszlo.hor...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Amber libraries in an OAuth provider
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:02:33 GMT
Hi,

I'm planning to implement my OAuth 2 authorization server and I'm looking for library I can
use to implement it. The Amber project looks very handy. I looked into the integration tests
and I see how handy but when I tied to find which API to implement for my token store and/or
OAuthServer I got a little confuse. I found this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBER-13
issue so I think this is in progress. I'm very keen on using this implementation because I'm
interested in a http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/Home initiative implementation
with the latest OAuth2 specification and this project is fits well.

I checked the contribution and I noticed there is a peek in 2012 so I hope it continues and
alive. I can offer my help to drive this project towards so I can also use this framework
to implement my provider.

Please let me know what artifacts will remain in long term. I was confused between these two
artifacts:

	<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.amber</groupId>
            <artifactId>amber-spec-api</artifactId>
            <version>0.22-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
        </dependency>

	<dependency>
	    <groupId>org.apache.amber</groupId>
	    <artifactId>oauth2-authzserver</artifactId>
	    <version>0.22-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
	</dependency>

I checked the original https://bitbucket.org/smartproject/oauth-2.0/wiki/Home projects and
I assume the amber-spec-api will remain. I found two classes I assume the first will replace
the second.

		org.apache.amber.OAuthRequest

		org.apache.amber.oauth2.as.request.OAuthRequest

Could you also give some information about future plan beyond https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBER/Release+plans
and the project status because http://incubator.apache.org/projects/amber.html shows me not
much activity.

Could you give me information about the relation between the amber-server, amber-signature-api
and amber-spec-api?

This confused me:

package org.apache.amber.server;
public interface Access extends Comparable<Long>

package org.apache.amber.server;
public final class Access implements Comparable<Long>

Regards,
Laszlo Hordos