oltu-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Hello from Podling Streams
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 18:36:18 GMT
Hello,

Oltu came to my attention this morning and I’ve just had the chance to read through the
documentation.

I’m on the PPMC of Podling Streams - http://streams.incubator.apache.org . Your project
is interesting to me and I just wanted to say hello and start a dialog.

Apache Streams (incubating) unifies a diverse world of digital profiles and online activities
into common formats and vocabularies, and makes these datasets accessible across a variety
of databases, devices, and platforms for streaming, browsing, search, sharing, and analytics
use-cases.

To date each of our streams provider modules - currently including twitter, facebook, instagram, google
plus, youtube, and more - have separately relied on third-party libraries such as twitter4j,
instagram4j, etc… to establish authenticated connections and retrieve data programmatically
from these sources.

I’m interested in trying out a new approach, where the code to authenticate and connect
up to these services via rest API is primarily (perhaps entirely) Apache Foundation code.
 If we go this route, Oltu could be an important supporting component for oauth.

Is anyone interested here in doing a proof-of-concept switching a Streams module to use oltu
oauth2, and/or discuss adding all Streams-supported services to Oltu, and vice-versa?

Best,
Steve
sblackmon@apache.org