oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Sanso <asa...@adobe.com>
Subject [REPORT] Apache Oltu
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2014 19:15:26 GMT
Board Report, Oltu PMC

Oltu PMC Chair: Antonio Sanso (asanso@apache.org<mailto:asanso@apache.org>)
Date: November 2014

DESCRIPTION

Oltu is a project to develop a Java library which provides an API specification for, and an
unconditionally compliant implementation of the OAuth v2.0 specifications.
OAuth is a mechanism that allows users to authenticate and authorise access by another party
to resources they control while avoiding the need to share their username and password credentials.

MILESTONES

Apache Oltu 1.0 was released on March 3rd 2014.

CURRENT ACTIVITY

The core part of the project related to 'The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework' (RFC 6749)
is pretty stable due the fact RFC 6749 is now a standard.

A stable version 1.0 was released on March 3rd 2014. We have extended the coverage for the
IETF JOSE specifications (that is strictly correlated to OAuth 2) as JWS (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jose-json-web-signature-36).
The current intention is to extend the coverage to the JWE part.