oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation and Issue
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 15:16:11 GMT
Hi John,
thanks a lot for your kind feedback, much more than appreciated!
People like you make me feel even more motivated to put effort in OSS
projects! :)
I really hope you'll find enough spare time to join us, fresh, new,
motivated lifeblood is always welcome in ASF communities ;)
I just have a kind request: could you fill an issue on JIRA[1] in
order to track the problem you found? That would help us of tracking
all TODOs.

TIA, all the best!
-Simo

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLTU

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM, John Jenkins <john@openmhealth.org> wrote:
> I have been following this for a while, and I thought I saw talk of a pseudo release
soon. I just wanted to express a few issues I have had.

> First, after searching for several weeks for a better OAuth implementation, I have to
say this is a breath of fresh air, and I thank all of you for your hard work. In my opinion,
this is the best Java-based OAuth solution I have come across yet.

> Second, the lack of documentation is a little prohibitive. That said, between the couple
examples you do have and the actual specification, I was able to get up and running pretty
quickly.

> Finally, I think there is an issue with the "token" request, e.g. OAuthTokenRequest.
It requires the "redirect_uri" parameter which is technically optional:

> redirect_uri
>          REQUIRED, if the "redirect_uri" parameter was included in the
>          authorization request as described in Section 4.1.1, and their
>          values MUST be identical.
>
> Since the policy for my system is that it cannot be given for the "code" request, it
will never exist here.

> I am hoping to convince my superiors that it is worth investing some of my time in helping
this project evolve, so, hopefully, I will be able to donate some of my time in near future.
But, no promises.