oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi support and other projects
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 18:12:04 GMT
Hi Antonio
On 06/03/13 17:39, Antonio Sanso wrote:
> Hi Sergey
>
> On Mar 6, 2013, at 6:29 PM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
>
>> On 06/03/13 16:36, Łukasz Dywicki wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>> I see that Oltu is growing up. That's really cool because I was missing a good
oauth library written in Java. All available was kind of hard to use. If you will focus on
documentation and good examples (quickstarts) adoption of OAuth will grow up. That's for sure.

>>> What I would like to ask is state of Oltu API. I know you just gradulated few
months back and there are still some moves in package names. Is there any other moves planed
for future? I ask because I would like to provide a patch for oltu with additional manifest
entries necessary for OSGi runtime. This leads to minor changes in POM files. If it will be
stable I can do that easily.

>>> Second thing I would like to ask is there any plans to get Oltu used in other
projects. I mean, do you wish to announce yourself to projects where OAuth is in use. Lets
say Shindig, Wookie, Rave (open social) or CXF (oauth authentication). I think first projects
uses OAuth library, CXF have own implementation of oauth. It would be great to get Oltu used
there.

>> Re CXF:
>>
>> I'm definitely open to getting some initial intersection done with CXF
>> own implementation, specifically, working together on the code for some
>> well-known access token types, such as MAC.
>
> as you know really well :) MAC is still under discussion in the IETF working group

Sure - I was referring to MAC token (project) simply because it is
something I may be able to contribute to,

>> I know the team has JWT code
>> in the pipeline - having it in its own module can make the contributions
>> easier to flow in.
>> The other parts can be trickier to converge though I guess possible -
>> example, Oltu seems to promote Spring MVC
>
> why dod you think that? As long as I see we use Spring MVC only in the client demo....

Right, in a way Oltu is then more flexible, as in CXF, the AS is
actually written with the very specific assumption about how data will
be bound.
>> , while CXF - its own
>> mechanism; making it to fit all can be tricky; however, I'm sure if we
>> can do some initial intersection, then the new ideas will pop up on how
>> to continue on that path
>
> looking forward to that!

me too, hopefully we can get some common modules floating around.

Cheers, Sergey