oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Sanso <asa...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: OSGi support and other projects
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 17:39:18 GMT
Hi Sergey

On Mar 6, 2013, at 6:29 PM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:

> On 06/03/13 16:36, Łukasz Dywicki wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> I see that Oltu is growing up. That's really cool because I was missing a good oauth
library written in Java. All available was kind of hard to use. If you will focus on documentation
and good examples (quickstarts) adoption of OAuth will grow up. That's for sure.

>> What I would like to ask is state of Oltu API. I know you just gradulated few months
back and there are still some moves in package names. Is there any other moves planed for
future? I ask because I would like to provide a patch for oltu with additional manifest entries
necessary for OSGi runtime. This leads to minor changes in POM files. If it will be stable
I can do that easily.

>> Second thing I would like to ask is there any plans to get Oltu used in other projects.
I mean, do you wish to announce yourself to projects where OAuth is in use. Lets say Shindig,
Wookie, Rave (open social) or CXF (oauth authentication). I think first projects uses OAuth
library, CXF have own implementation of oauth. It would be great to get Oltu used there.

> Re CXF:
>
> I'm definitely open to getting some initial intersection done with CXF
> own implementation, specifically, working together on the code for some
> well-known access token types, such as MAC.

as you know really well :) MAC is still under discussion in the IETF working group

> I know the team has JWT code
> in the pipeline - having it in its own module can make the contributions
> easier to flow in.
> The other parts can be trickier to converge though I guess possible -
> example, Oltu seems to promote Spring MVC

why dod you think that? As long as I see we use Spring MVC only in the client demo....

> , while CXF - its own
> mechanism; making it to fit all can be tricky; however, I'm sure if we
> can do some initial intersection, then the new ideas will pop up on how
> to continue on that path

looking forward to that!

Regards

Antonio