oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Sanso <asa...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Handling and creating OAuth error messages
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 07:07:05 GMT
Hi Stein

On Oct 19, 2012, at 7:28 AM, Stein Welberg wrote:

> Hi Antonio,
>
> There already are builders in the current amber project. I think we could have a look
at enhancing the current error builder.

it sounds really good...

> I don't know whether I will have time for that before my holiday otherwise I will have
a look at it when I'm back (I will be back around the 19th of november)

> By the way what is the target of Amber? Is it meant to only provide the basic building
blocks to build an OAuth Authorization server, Resource Server and client? or are there plans
to do more than that? (e.g. implement a standard OAuth controller which is capable of doing
these things.

this also sounds like a nice enhancements specially now that the spec is stable (the RFC is
now completed)

Regards and thanks!

Antonio

> Regards,
> Stein
>
> On 18 okt. 2012, at 17:17, Antonio Sanso <asanso@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Stein,
>>
>> would you think this builder would suit the Amber code base as well?
>> If yes any contributions is appreciated :)
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Antonio
>>
>> On Oct 18, 2012, at 3:14 PM, Stein Welberg wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the quick reply Antonio.
>>>
>>> We actually could take it a step further by presenting a builder that builds
the correct error response based on the OAuthProblemException thrown. It now does it to some
extend :)

>>> What are your ideas about this?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Stein

I also have looked at other implementations but Amber gives me the most flexibility in adding
an OAuth authorization server to our Saas platform.

run into the following when it comes to handling OAuth errors. Amber gives me some handles
but it requires me to have a quite extensive understanding of the OAuth spec in order to get
spec compliant messages. Basically Amber gives me not much help in handling OAuth compliant
error messages.