oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Stein Welberg <st...@innovation-district.com>
Subject Re: Handling and creating OAuth error messages
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 05:28:45 GMT
Hi Antonio,

There already are builders in the current amber project. I think we could have a look at enhancing
the current error builder. I don't know whether I will have time for that before my holiday
otherwise I will have a look at it when I'm back (I will be back around the 19th of november)

By the way what is the target of Amber? Is it meant to only provide the basic building blocks
to build an OAuth Authorization server, Resource Server and client? or are there plans to
do more than that? (e.g. implement a standard OAuth controller which is capable of doing these
things.

Regards,
Stein

On 18 okt. 2012, at 17:17, Antonio Sanso <asanso@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi Stein,
>
> would you think this builder would suit the Amber code base as well?
> If yes any contributions is appreciated :)
>
> Regards
>
> Antonio
>
> On Oct 18, 2012, at 3:14 PM, Stein Welberg wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the quick reply Antonio.
>>
>> We actually could take it a step further by presenting a builder that builds the
correct error response based on the OAuthProblemException thrown. It now does it to some extend
:)

>> What are your ideas about this?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Stein
>>
>> On 18 okt. 2012, at 14:40, Antonio Sanso <asanso@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Stein

I also have looked at other implementations but Amber gives me the most flexibility in adding
an OAuth authorization server to our Saas platform.

into the following when it comes to handling OAuth errors. Amber gives me some handles but
it requires me to have a quite extensive understanding of the OAuth spec in order to get spec
compliant messages. Basically Amber gives me not much help in handling OAuth compliant error
messages.