oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Sanso <asa...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Current pom versions
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 15:13:44 GMT
Hi Raymond,

in general I kind of agree with you.
The Core Oauth specification reached version 31 and should be the last one before being an
official RFC .

IMHO we should aim to version 0.31 and try to align to spec and eventually aim for a 1.0 release.
Or alternatively we might aim directly to a 1.0 release

WDYT?

Antonio

On Aug 2, 2012, at 5:07 PM, Raymond Feng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I start to question if it's a good idea to use the oauth spec version as the base for
Amber. There might be cases that make the scheme not so good:

> 1. What if there are little code changes between two spec versions
> 2. What if we need to fix certain things in Amber for a given spec version
> 3. What if we implement more specs, such as OpenId connect
>
> Btw, we can always document which spec level that an amber release implements.
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Aug 2, 2012, at 1:49 AM, Antonio Sanso <asanso@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi *,
>>
>> after the release  the current SNAPSHOT version in our poms is
>>
>> 0.23-incubating-SNAPSHOT
>>
>> According to our release semantic I was thinking to change it to be 0.31-incubating-SNAPSHOT
(as the version of the spec we are aiming for).