oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Sanso <asa...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: UMA Implementation
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 11:28:14 GMT
Hi Suleman,

talking solely about technical concerns here (I hope somebody of the other more experienced
members of the team will back me up with the legal issues) this is what I'd like to see moving
forward (see inline)

On Jul 9, 2012, at 9:27 AM, Suleman Khan wrote:

> Hello Antonio,
>
> Thank you very much for your cooperation. I had a look at your code. As
> UMA is based on OAuth 2.0, we also have more or less the same structure
> for the OAuth 2.0 part. We are also supporting dynamic registration. For
> the demo simplicity and understanding purposes, we provided a link on
> client page which deals with registration of one specific Host. As Host
> URL is obtained from the webpage, so if instead of hard coded link, an
> input field for the url is used, it will be perfectly dynamic
> registration. We provided this hard coded link in order to make it easy
> to understand for the users.
>
> Regarding the refactoring part, we will be more than happy to do that.

nice

> Could you please tell us that which kind of refactoring is required?

I have just given a quick glance to the code you have attached. What I have noticed though
is that those projects are full webapps (please correct me if I am wrong).
In order to have this code nicely integrated with the existing Amber code we should extrapolate
the core part relative to the specifications (IMHO).
All the part related to database might be left out as well.
I am planning to give a more proper look to the code in order to be able to discuss in a more
proper terms.
In the meantime I'd invite you to check our documentation e.g. [0] in order to understand
how Amber is used.

Regards

Antonio

[0] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBER/OAuth+2.0+Authorization+Server

> Regards,
>
> Khan Suleman
>
> Antonio Sanso wrote:
>> Hi Suleman,
>>
>> thanks for this patch. In the meantime you might want to give a look  at our UMA
dynamic registration implementation at [0,1,2] that should be compliant with [3].

>> I gave a first look at the implementation you have attached in the ticket. It looks
promising but as mentioned before it might need some little refactor in order to integrate
with the "spirit" of our current code base.

>> Would it be something ok for you ?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Antonio
>>

>> [0]https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/amber/trunk/oauth-2.0/oauth2-dynamicreg-client/
>>
>> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/amber/trunk/oauth-2.0/oauth2-dynamicreg-common/
>>
>> [2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/amber/trunk/oauth-2.0/oauth2-dynamicreg-server/
>>
>> [3] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-00
>>
>> On Jul 6, 2012, at 3:29 PM, Suleman Khan wrote:
>>

>>> Hello Raymond,
>>>
>>> We created an account in Apache JIRA with the name Fraunhofer AISEC and created
new issue named AMBER-57. We attached our implementation and UML diagrams to it. The issue
can be found under the following link

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBER-57
>>>
>>> What would be the next step?
>>>
>>> Waiting for your valuable suggestions.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Khan Suleman
>>>

>>> Hi, Suleman. Thank you for your interest to contribute UMA code into
>>> Apache Amber project. You cannot directly commit the code into Amber
>>> though. Here is a simple process to follow: 1) Start some discussions
>>> with Amber community to express your intention of contribution (It's
>>> glad that you are starting the thread now :-) 2) Open a JIRA and attach
>>> the code to the ticket 3) The Amber community needs to vote to take the
>>> contribution (assuming the result is YES :-) 4) The Amber PMC needs to
>>> go through IP clearance with Apache incubator PMC (assuming everything
>>> is clean) 5) One of the Amber committers check the patch into Amber SVN
>>> repo 6) UMA team will continue to work with the Amber project and the
>>> Amber community starts to vote your team members in as committers based
>>> on your ongoing contributions Thanks, Raymond On Jul 5, 2012, at 5:52

>>> integrated OpenID Connect to it. We want to make this project open source
>>> under Apache license 2.0. By the suggestion of Mr. Antonio Sanso, we had a
>>> look at Apache Amber project and we think that this is the best place where
>>> we can upload our code.

It