oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Sanso <asa...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Moving forward (proposal) [was: Questions for projects]
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:11:18 GMT
Hi Simone,

On Mar 13, 2012, at 11:00 AM, Simone Tripodi wrote:

> Salut a tout le monde,
>
> didn't we accept external contributions to that part, once Leelo
> codebase was accepted?
> IIRC issues were filled and patches applied on oauth2, please correct
> me if I am wrong!
>
> As a side note: Leelo's guys submitted Leelo after submitting a
> SoftwareGrant, so please explain me why we should risk to lost the
> oauth2 contribution because I feel lost :(

as said IANAL and I am a bit lost as well :S.
I am just a bit concern since this IP clearance issue comes out every time we  try to talk
about next release plan or graduation plan.
So mine is just an attempt to better understand the situation and try to move bit forward
:)
Should I have said something incorrect legally/process wise I do apologize :)

Regards

Antonio

> NCU guys: any progress on your side to understand the legal issue?
>
> TIA all, have a nice day,
> -Simo

> http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
> http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
> http://www.99soft.org/
>

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Tommaso Teofili
> <tommaso.teofili@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Il giorno 12/mar/2012, alle ore 18.40, Antonio Sanso ha scritto:
>>
>>> Hi Raymond

source was from Univ. of Newcastle?

>>> I think everything under trunk/oauth-2.0 comes from Leeloo hence University of
Newcastle.
>>> Please correct me if I  am wrong.
>>
>> yes, that's correct.
>> Tommaso
>>

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Antonio

code to the current trunk/oauth-2.0 since there is a risk that the contribution might be "lost"
due IP issues (question: how much "real" is this risk??).
in order to move forward (please do contradict me if you do not agree or have any other proposal):

a new module e.g.  oauth2-resourceserver.mac that leverages other module oauth2-resourceserver,
oauth2-common we should be "safe".
this is just hypothetical) we can keep oauth2-resourceserver.mac  .

taught to "hope for the best and plan for the worst"

I say it,

starting to reconsider what Pid has said.