oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Lindner <lind...@inuus.com>
Subject Re: ASF license and copyrights
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:44:30 GMT
I'm a little confused here.

For the initial code drop you should have a signed CLA from the original
company that assigns copyright to ASF.  Is that not the case?  Is there
code that was imported improperly?

NOTICE file is for giving notice that the software contains licensed
software from elsewhere.  In this case you can use the specified code
intact.  Just add RAT rules to skip that.  For example in Apache Shindig we
had a copy of phpunit and Zend in our source tree that had compatible
licenses, we put the appropriate NOTICE and rat rules in place.

Please do consult with legal-discuss to figure out the right way to move
forward with this.

--
Paul Lindner -- lindner@inuus.com -- profiles.google.com/pmlindner