oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Graduation?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 19:24:09 GMT
Hey amber devs, I've been following the project from the sidelines for
some time. There was a thread titled "Actively retiring projects (was:
Incubator Board Report November 2011)" on incubator-general, in which
it was said:
On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010-05-09 Amber
> S: Somewhat active, not enough for a TLP.
> R: Ask for a graduation plan in next report.

I'm an Apache Shiro committer and we graduated with a small PMC (I was
the only new committer voted in after the incubation start and at
graduation time we only really had two active committers, though there
were more people with commit privileges and mentors stayed on the PMC
after graduation), so a small community alone is definitely not a
barrier for graduation. Following the list though, it seems that IP
clearance is actually a bigger obstacle for graduation at the moment,
is that correct? If that can be resolved, I'd encourage you to "just
graduate". However, if you think Jukka's statement above is correct
and you feel the community around Amber isn't "enough for a TLP", I
was thinking that Amber could also find a home as a sub-project of
Shiro. There's little overlap but the projects operate in the same
security space so it might work fine. Anyhow, just a thought - I
haven't brought this up with the rest of Shiro PMC yet since it's
first and foremost your decision where you want your project to be
headed.

Kalle