oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Sanso <asa...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: tidying-up the SVN space
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 11:43:50 GMT

On Jan 12, 2012, at 5:04 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:

> Ciao Antonio,
>

>> unless I am doing something wrong it looks like I still do not have any write/edit
permission on the wiki.

> I am worried you'll have to contact INFRA[1]
>
>> If I am not completely wrong some major sites (e.g. twitter) are still using version
1.0a of the spec.
>> For this reason, if we want to gather any crowd to use Amber it would be good to
support at least client side also version 1.0a otherwise people would be oriented to use some
other Java libraries (e.g. Scribe).
>> The effort to do it for the client module should not be to huge, but there is obviously
an overhead.

> That sounds a more than valid reason to implement 1.0a - can you make
> a quick search to verify that please? TIA!

Hi Simone, I can confirm Twitter is still using 1.0a .
As a general consideration I also think that there are much more users interested to the client
part than the one interested to the server part (like me :)).
For this reason we could even think about a two phase release (first one we focus on the client/common
modules) and second we focus on everything else.
I hope you agree than one of our goal is to be mentioned here [0]and here [1] in order to
increase the project exposure.

WDYT?

Regards

Antonio