oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Sanso <asa...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: tidying-up the SVN space
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 18:56:38 GMT
Hi

On Jan 11, 2012, at 4:41 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:

> Hi all mates,
>
> I just did a little of work for cleaning the poms, I think that the
> svn repo needs to be tided-up as well, so since I've been missing the
> project for a long while, I am here to ask you that have been more
> involved.
>
> first consideration: IIUC, actually all big players abandoned version
> 1.0(a) of the OAuth protocol and everybody is focused on 2.0 only
>
> second consideration: the 1.0 implementation is rather than close to
> be finalized - OTOH current 2.0 is impressive!
>
> third consideration: we haven't done a release in 2 years, I think we
> should working towards the release and thinking about the fastest way
> to reach it :)

How about set up a wiki page listing the goal to be achieved in order to achieve a new release

(and maybe another one for the graduation, if not too early :S)?

> So, my proposal is opening an attic/sandbox/dormant (not included in
> the POM build) where moving older stuff such as oauth-1.0, server,
> signature-api, spec-api, ... and promoting oauth-2.0/* in the top
> level.

+1 also for me with a little but...
I do agree with you that the 1.0(a) stuff is kind of obsolete at this point.
I would do an exception for the client part though. Namely IMHO it would be nice to have a
nice common API for the client that would work with both the 1.0(a)/2.0 implementation.
How does it sounds?