oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Łukasz Moreń <lukasz.mo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preparing code for the first release
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 02:15:14 GMT
Hi,

comments inline:

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 1:07 AM, Antonio Sanso <asanso@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi Lukasz,
>
> just my 2 cents here.
>
> On Oct 25, 2011, at 3:42 AM, Łukasz Moreń wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are still waiting for the IP grant from the university, although I am
> > sure it will be sorted out.
> > I know it may be annoying, but we can just keep waiting.
> >
> > There is growing interest in Amber development so to not block that,
> maybe
> > we could:
> >
> > 1. make a new branch from the current trunk (we would have to do that
> > anyway) - stable draft-10 implementation.
>
> Wouldn't be enough doing a tag for it (rather than a branch)? I mean do you
> expect that anybody would use version 10 of oauth2.0?
> If not, I do not personally see any real benefit from the branch.

We could do tag as well, however IMHO creating branch is not big harm and we
have opportunity to commit possible bug fixes for draft-10.
Many big OAuth 2.0 providers, like Facebook or Google, implements this draft
and probably it will not change quickly,
so would be good to keep Amber draft-10 implementation reliable.