oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenID Connect
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2011 17:37:26 GMT
Hi Tien,

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Hoang Minh Tien
<minh-tien.hoang@fundp.ac.be> wrote:
> Dear Amber devs,
> I'm now working in a project that relies on oAuth and OpenID for the
> authentication of the system. Amber and jopenid are selected as the two main
> sources for authentication implementation. It really a good news that Amber
> will support OpenID Connect for the coming release. I don't know if it is
> possible for me to make some contributions to the implementation of Amber ?
> If yes, please tell me how ?

Sure it it possible and of course also welcomed.

Please see [1] for a general overview how the ASF works, especially
about the different roles. In short you should participate on the
mailing list, file issues (bugs or new features) in Jira, provide
patches, and/or write documentation. Then chances are that you become
a committer.

> I checkout always the source code of amber at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/amber/trunk/
> <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/amber/trunk/> . It seems that
> the implementation in oAuth2 is compatible with the specification of oAuth
> up to 2-11. There are some changes in 2-16 which is the latest specification
> until now. Please correct me if I have the wrong source location or wrong
> analysis of the code.

You are using the right source location and to my knowledge your
analysis is right. Maybe that would be a good starting point for you
to contribute: Start a new discussion thread on this mailing list
about OAuth2 draft 16, create a Jira, create and attach a patch.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html