oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Hoang Minh Tien <minh-tien.ho...@fundp.ac.be>
Subject Updating to oAuth 2-18
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 06:59:22 GMT
Dear all,
As oAuth 2-18 specification is ready, I have some suggestions for
updating Amber to match with this specification. This is only my first
experience with Amber, so please give me your feedbacks as details as
possible. Thank you all in advance.
In my opinion, the changes should be performed on 3 main processes,
mostly related to validators:
i) Authorization request: there is no more code and token request type,
+ The class CodeTokenValidator is obsolete and could be removed
+ In OAuthTokenRequest.initValidator remove the line put
ResponseType.CODE_AND_TOKEN in validators.
ii) Access Token request: the authentication between the client and
authorization enpoint could be happened earlier (Authorization header
will be shown in each request from client) in this case, the client_id
or client_secret will not be considered as required parameters in each
access token request as well as the redirect_uri which is also provided
in registration process.
+ My suggestion are removing redirect_url as required parameter and
adding an authorization header check in AbstractValidator, in each
constructor of derived validator check the existence of authorization
header in the request, to decide to add client_id or client_secret as
required parameters or not. The validators involved are:
AbstractValidator, AuthorizationCodeValidator, PasswordValidator,
AssertionValidator (only grant_type is required), RefreshTokenValidator
+ There is a newly added profile “client credentials” with
grant_type=client_credentials, which is reserved only for private client
and required only the validation of grant_type value. So we could
• Add a new validator class inherit from AbstractValidator, may be
ClientCredentialValidator with grant_type is set as required parameter.
• Add an enum to GrantType
• In OAuthTokenRequest.initValidator, add this enum value in validator.
iii) Client registration: a new section for client registration is
created in oAuth 2-18 (the status is still Pending consensus) requires
the custom provide the custom type when perform registration. Could we
consider of adding it to existing client registration code?
Besides, I think we should change oauth_token to access_token in
BodyTokenExtractor.getAccessToken and QueryTokenExtractor.getAccessToken
of resource server because oauth_token is no more used.
Waiting for your opinion.
Thanks and kind regards,
Tien.