oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simone.trip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving OAuth leeloo from bitbucket to Apache repositories
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 16:39:51 GMT
Hi Ɓukasz
thanks for your proactivity, as said before, you guys are more than welcome :)
Please follow my replies below, inline to your questions, to maintain
easy reading the email:

> 1) What is the procedure at ASF for moving code into an Apache repository? I
> think we should get a committer access to AMBER?

I think - and everybody agrees IMHO - that there are absolutely no
problem in accepting you as committers and giving you the writing
access on SVN, but there are few procedures to get familiar with the
apache way, please have a quick look at [1] and [2].
So, to make things fast, I suggest you creating initially patches on
Apache Issue tracker[3], that would help us justify why we invite you
guys as new committer, otherwise giving the access to people that just
joined the ML would be hard to justify to the Foundation.
On a side note: please attach the ASL2.0 header in each file, it is a
requirement, and don't forget grant the ASF to the submitted code.
I suggest you starting filling the ICLA[4] and send it to the ASF in
order to speed up the procedure to accept you as committers.

> 2) We hope to keep the library name (leeloo) and package names as people
> blogged about it, mentioned in tweets, dzone, etc?

Unfortunately, that won't be possible :( The project name is Apache
Amber and can't be changed, the package has to be
'org.apache.amber.*'.
BTW Bloggers and journalists could write about this leeloo update/evolution.

> I'll be looking forward to your reply. Please let me know if you have any
> questions or would like to adivse us about the process (licensing terms,
> etc.).

Start reading the links mentioned in reply #1, and have a deep reading
to [5] where you'll find all you need about how the ASF works, we all
started by reading that page :P

> Cheers,
> Lukasz Moren

Hope this helps, please don't hesitate asking for more clarifications.
I'll send you also technical details as soon as I'll find spare time.
Many thanks in advance, have a nice day,
Simo

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/site/contributing.html
[2] http://jakarta.apache.org/site/understandingopensource.html
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBER