oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simone.trip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OAuthRequest info
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:53:06 GMT
Hola,
The OAuthRequest is just an entity that _represents_ OAuth request
data, nothing more.
The base string calculation has to be performed only when
signing/verifying the signature, there is no other case that requires
the base string, so I wonder why it has to be a common stuff.
I wouldn't add yet another model/interface to represent this stuff,
alternatively the SignatureMethod interface could become and abstract
class that contains the base string calculation.

BTW I strongly discourage the second option since the base string
calculation requires BASE64 and custom URL encoding that, at least in
the codebase, requires the commons-codec dependency (and I wouldn't
re-invent the wheel)

any other feedback? just Pid and I?
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/