oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r962827 - /incubator/amber/trunk/spec-api/src/main/java/org/apache/amber/OAuthRequest.java
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2010 09:53:53 GMT
On 11/07/2010 10:41, Simone Tripodi wrote:

>> I think maybe the requestURL should be a String too - I'm trying to
>> handle all of the IOExceptions in the HttpConnector.
>>

> discouraged. making the requestURL as a proper URL saves to check the
> string is a proper URL and we shouldn't reinvent the wheel.

The requestURL is only passed to the HttpConnector, nowhere else.

It will start as a String somewhere in the system, so we have to catch
an IOException to create the URL object.

This isn't a case of reinventing the wheel at all, it's a case of
putting all of the IO operations/checks associated with making the
request in one place.

I don't see any advantage in doing that try+catch at anywhere before the
IO processing begins.

The related issue is whether to validate the request before making it -
which will probably be necessary in the case of checking the plaintext
method is an HTTPS one.

Leading on from that, if we automatically* upgraded the plaintext
connection to HTTPS, it would mean recreating the URL object, complete
with try+catch etc, rather than a simple String regex.

* Checked via a system property, defaults to 'on'