oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <simo...@apache.org>
Subject APIs
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:21:05 GMT
Hi all,
so, one part of our roadmap are APIs.

Each of us has his own idea of how an API should be, in general, and many of
us already have an idea (or even code) on how an OAuth API should be :)

There is no "absolute way" to determine if an API is better or worse than
another. It mostly depends on use cases.

Amber will (as many other systems) interact with :
- external applications/frameworks, using Amber to integrate oauth
- internal extensions, providing for example different token storages or
interation different backends
- modules of Amber itself

I think it would be better to focus on the first API now : which use cases
do we plan? How do you imagine the code of a web framework using Amber look
like?

If there are very different cases there is space for more than one API, for
example a low level one and high level Fa├žade. Since our goal is to unify
different (often existing) pieces and ease the path of adoption on projects
that were planning to integrate OAuth, we'll need a bit of flexibility.

Cast your code sample ideas :) People in projects that already use their own
implementation of OAuth can easily post real code.

Simone