oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <simo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Roadmap
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:58:44 GMT
Hi Pid,
let's start defining the areas we will work on and the goals.

OAuth defines a number of "agents" (client, auth server, resource server
etc..), which ones are we willing to implement/support? And to which extent?

When designing an API is usually a good idea to have a "low level" part and
then a Façade for simpler use cases, pros and cons of creating such a
structure?

Also, OAuth v1 and v2 are quite different from an implementation POV, but
does it require to have two different "low level" APIs? Or we can think
about interfaces abstract/opaque enough to "swap" between v1 and v2 with
minimal (or even without any) need to change code in projects using Amber?
Eventually we could support this only at the "Façade" level?

I'm thinking about the possibility of rolling out a v1 implementation for
rapid adoption and then releasing a v2 implementation that fit with minimal
changes for those projects who adopted Amber for v1 .. that would be nice if
it is possible.

For the technical part, i'd go with Maven (:D), JUnit for unit testing but
if needed other technology for integration testing, javadocs obviously but
main documentation on wiki so that also non-committers can contribute in the
future.

WDYT?

Simone