oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simone.trip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: APIs
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:07:59 GMT
Hola,

> But I wonder, does the signature API need to be exposed in the API spec
> or could it be entirely internal to the implementation?

I'd let the signature API be exposed in the API spec, since our users
could implement their own signature method[1] as reported in the spec:

   "OAuth does not mandate a particular signature method, as each
   implementation can have its own unique requirements.  Servers are
   free to implement and document their own custom methods.
   Recommending any particular method is beyond the scope of this
   specification. [...]"

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5849#section-3.4

Simo