oltu-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] use of the Annotations in Amber
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 21:44:28 GMT

On Jun 28, 2010, at 1:13 PM, Pid wrote:

> On 27/06/2010 15:58, David Jencks wrote:
>> <mentor>Are you sure you want to continue this discussion with a vote at this
point?  It's OK to have votes about anything you want :-) but.... they tend to be polarizing
and end up with a losing side who may not be happy.  I think that trying to get a consensus
on design decisions through discussion is often a better route.</mentor>

>> <interested party>  I don't understand the details of this proposal.  Could
someone come up with a realistic example showing how the "same" OAuth message would be sent
using annotations, and not using annotations, and what would happen internally to this information?
 It might be obvious to anyone who knows anything about oauth but  would help me out a lot
</interested party>

> What form would you like the example in, pseudo-code or written description?

to the extent I understand the discussion.... :-D

How about 2 java classes for the message, one with annotations, and the other using @Override
if its implementing an interface, and data for the fields of the objects, and the one or more
strings or other data objects extracted and combined from them?

thanks
david jencks