olingo-user mailing list archives

From "Bolz, Michael" <michael.b...@sap.com>
Subject Re: $filter on navigation properties fails in JPA
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2016 06:54:50 GMT
Hi Richard,

Unfortunately this is a bug but it is not needed that you open an issue for this, because
there exists already issues for:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO-517 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO-517>
and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO-414 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO-414>

@Chandan: Should I take a look into or have you already started with a solution (as mentioned
in this comment [1])?

Best Regards, Michael

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO-414?focusedCommentId=14243796&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14243796
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO-414?focusedCommentId=14243796&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14243796>

> On 08 Apr 2016, at 08:32, Birenheide, Richard <richard.birenheide@sap.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I use the JPA binding for OData v2 (Olingo 2.0.6). I am trying to filter on a navigation
property (*:1) which followinghttp://www.odata.org/documentation/odata-version-2-0/uri-conventions/
<http://www.odata.org/documentation/odata-version-2-0/uri-conventions/> should be supported
by OData v2. However the request fails with the message below. Is this a known restriction?
Or should I file a bug report for this?

> Kind Regards
> Richard
>

> <error xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata <http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata>">
> <code/>
> <message xml:lang="en">
> "OData - JPA Runtime: JPA query syntax is not correct"
> </message>
> <innererror>
> class java.lang.ClassCastException : Cannot cast class org.apache.olingo.odata2.core.edm.provider.EdmNavigationPropertyImplProv
to interface org.apache.olingo.odata2.api.edm.EdmProperty
> </innererror>
> </error>
>
> Dr. Richard Birenheide
> Development Architect
> Suite Architecture
> SAP SE
> Dietmar-Hopp-Allee 16,
> 69190 Walldorf
> Germany
> T +49 / 6227 / 7-42303
> F +49 / 6227 / 7835816
> E richard.birenheide@sap.com <mailto:richard.birenheide@sap.com>
> http://www.sap.com <http://www.sap.com/>
> Pflichtangaben/Mandatory Disclosure Statements: http://www.sap.com/company/legal/impressum.epx
<http://www.sap.com/company/legal/impressum.epx>
> Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen
enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme
des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt. Bitte
benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.
> This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or otherwise confidential
information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review,
copying, or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy
the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.