olingo-user mailing list archives

From Madhawa Kasun Gunasekara <madhaw...@gmail.com>
Subject {Olingo4} Doubts in Odata V4
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 22:04:19 GMT
Hi All,

I'm new to odata. I have some doubts in odata. hope you guys will help to
clear those doubts,
Please find those doubts below,

1, What is the use case of Container, EntitySets ?
As far what I understood is,
Container is used contain the data model. therefore we used to create more
than one containers when there are more than one data models in the service.

EntitySet is used to group the EntityTypes, for example there can be People
entity sets which contains two entityTypes, Students and Teachers

2. What to use case of Etag?
Etag is a unique number for each entity, It is not unique for EntityTypes.

Please let me know above description are correct or wrong.

Thanks
Madhawa