olingo-user mailing list archives

From "Bolz, Michael" <michael.b...@sap.com>
Subject Re: Apache Olingo Producer Application Run as standalone.
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 05:40:18 GMT
Hi Murali,

I currently know no java framework which provide HTTP capabilities for such a use case.
To realize such a dynamical service I think you have to implement / handle the HTTP request
by yourself and then forwards it to the "ODataRequestHandler" as "ODataRequest".

Kind regards,
Michael

On 08.09.2014, at 16:53, Murali Sai Rama Krishna V <murali.v@nalashaa.com> wrote:

> Hi Ramesh / Michael,
>
> Thanks a lot for your responses.
>
> I have a one more question:
>
> In web.xml we are configuring the ODataService. Could you please let me know whether
we can create a service dynamically without configuring in web.xml?
> Such as dynamically hosting the Odata service ?
>
> Could you please let me know your thoughts.
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> Murali.
> =================

we use also a Jetty to run the OData service.
> It could be a good starting point to create a sample project with this archetype and
call "mvn" to run it on a local Jetty instance to see how it works.

> Kind regards,
> Michael
>
> Am 05.09.2014 um 15:55 schrieb Ramesh Reddy <rareddy@redhat.com>:
>
>> If you are not going to use Server such as Tomcat, then you need think about embedding
some web server to provide the HTTP query capabilities. I have used Jetty for testing previously.

>> Ramesh..
>>
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> We are planning to use Olingo for hosting OData service.
>>
>> We want to run OData service as standalone but not via Webapplication Server such
as Tomcat.

>> Could you please suggest a solution where we can run or Odata service as standalone
by creating a jar file and run via JVM.